So Tuesday is the big day. The day I venture off into Russia on my own. I’m really nervous, not helped by teary goodbyes today with more on the horizon.
Rather than dwell on how much I am dreading this I thought it might help me to get down what I actually need to do.
– print off travel insurance details
– post various things to various places
– scan my passport and visa and print
– find my diploma (scan and print, remembering to pack the original)
– find my 2013 diary
– pack jewellery into original bags and give to my mother for safe-keeping
– look up useful airport words in russian and print mini vocab list
– look up “meeting” phrases for when I meet my home stay and print
– put my pen in my travel wallet
– check I have chargers for everything electrical
– find some adapters
I don’t have a whole lot of people reading this, I know, but I have a question:
Have you ever been to Russia? Do you have any words of advice for me?